You may have heard about Aachens thermal springs. Here are some fun facts about them:
- In the past a lot of famous personalities came to Aachen to cure their sicknesses, e.g. Casanova, Napoleon or Albrecht Dürer. Today still many people benefit from the healing powers of the thermal springs.
- You can drink the thermal water e.g. at the Elisenbrunnen. Due to its sulfur content it smells unfortunately like rotten eggs – but it’s healthy!
- In the 17th and 18th century treated diseases were:
- Rheumatic diseases, arthrosis and gout
- Rehabilitation after strokes, paralysis
- Skin Diseases
- stomach, kidney, gall, spleen and liver diseases
- Melancholy & Nervous Suffering
- Metal poisoning
- Sterility & Women’s Suffering
- Emaciation, dizziness and ringing in the ears